Applications for the Carr Center Fellowship are now open for 2022-2023. Applicants can apply for one semester (September-December 2022 or February-May 2023) or the full academic year (September 2022-May 2023).
The deadline to apply for all options is January 31, 2022 at 5:00 PM ET.
The Carr Center welcomes applications from individuals seeking to affiliate for a semester or a year as Fellows. Fellows can be post-docs, scholars, academics on sabbatical, human rights defenders, senior leaders in international organizations, or heads of human rights organizations. We welcome both emerging and established scholars and practitioners whose research and practice are aligned with the Center’s priorities. Fellows can focus on research and writing, auditing classes, meeting faculty and other experts, leading study groups for students, and participating in other learning opportunities at the Harvard Kennedy School.
To apply for the Carr Center Fellowship, please submit the following:
- Research proposal (including how it fits with the Carr Center's work and specific faculty) and your qualifications (up to 3 pages)
- Executive summary of proposal (up to 200 words)
- 2 references from individuals who can comment on your ability to complete the proposed research
- Relevant writing sample (up to 5 pages)
- A list of prior publications (with links or up to 3 attachments)
- Indicate on your application if you intend to be residential or non-residential (we have some shared office space for residential applicants)
Indicate your funding sources (we do not provide funding)
* Please note that travel to and in-person activity on the Harvard University campus will only occur if public health guidelines, travel restrictions, and university COVID policies permit. Otherwise, this will take place via videoconference.