The Carr Center for Human Rights Policy invites you to join a study group on human rights in North Korea The study group, which will meet three times this semester, is convened and moderated by Jung-Hoon Lee, Senior Fellow at the Carr Center for Human Rights Policy.
The study group will meet from 12:00-1:30 pm on three occasions this semester:
Friday, October 12: 12:00 – 1:30pm in room Wexner-102
- Guest Speaker: Ambassador Robert R. King, Former U.S. Special Envoy for North Korean Human Rights, current Senior Advisor to the Korea Chair at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
- Topic: North Korean Human Rights in a Time of Political Uncertainty
Friday, October 19: 12:00 - 1:30pm in room Wexner-102
- Guest Speaker: Ms. Ok-jeong Han, a NK victim of trafficking in China & Ms. Minjung Kim, SaveNK's Director of Planning
- Topic: Human Trafficking in China
Thursday October 25: 12:00 – 1:30pm in room Wexner-102
- Guest Speaker: Jun Miura, Career Diplomat, Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Topic: Abductions of Japanese Citizens by North Korea
Career Diplomat at the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, currently seconded to the Japanese Government's Headquarters of the Abduction Issue as Director of the Policy Planning Division. He is Special Representative to the Minister in Charge of the Abduction Issue.