The Carr Center for Human Rights Policy invites you to join a study group on human rights in North Korea The study group, which will meet three times this semester, is convened and moderated by Jung-Hoon Lee, Senior Fellow at the Carr Center for Human Rights Policy.
*Lunch will be provided*
Documentary "Children on the Edge" and testimonial by trafficked survivor in China.
Led by: Carr Center Senior Fellow Jung Hoon-Lee
Testimonial Given By: Ms. Ok-jeong Han, *NK Survivor of trafficking in China
"Children on the Edge" Produced By: SaveNK
The study group will meet from 12:00-1:30 pm on three occasions this semester:
Friday, October 12: 12:00 – 1:30pm in room Wexner-102
- Guest Speaker: Ambassador Robert R. King, Former U.S. Special Envoy for North Korean Human Rights, current Senior Advisor to the Korea Chair at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
- Topic: North Korean Human Rights in a Time of Political Uncertainty
Friday, October 19: 12:00 - 1:30pm in room Wexner-102
- Guest Speaker: Ms. Ok-jeong Han, a NK victim of trafficking in China & Ms. Minjung Kim, SaveNK's Director of Planning
- Topic: Human Trafficking in China
Thursday October 25: 12:00 – 1:30pm in room Wexner-102
- Guest Speaker: Jun Miura, Career Diplomat, Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Topic: Abductions of Japanese Citizens by North Korea