Join us for a conversation with mothers from across the Americas who, after losing children to police and state violence, have become powerful activists fighting for justice and institutional changes to end state violence affecting Black, indigenous, and low-income youth.
- Dorothy Holmes, Ronnieman Foundation and Justice for Families, Chicago, US
- Débora Maria da Silva, Mothers of May, Brazil
- Rute Fiuza, Mothers of May of the Northeast, Brazil
- Jacqueline Castillo, Mothers of False Positives of Soacha and Bogotá, Colombia
- Cristina Bautista Salvador, Mothers and Fathers of the 43 Disappeared Students of Ayotzinapa, Mexico
Convened by Assistant Professor Yanilda González. Sponsored by Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation, Carr Center for Human Rights Policy, Center for Public Leadership, FXB Center for Health and Human Rights, and the Program in Criminal Justice Policy and Management at the Weiner Center for Social Policy.
Event Website and Registration: https://ash.harvard.edu/event/resisting-police-violence-americas-mothers...